Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT sql usage 100%

ACT sql usage 100%

ACT version 17.2.217.0

SQL Server 2008 64bit

Windows server 2008 64bit

Hi guys, I'm currently having a massive problem where the SQL server process is constantly maxed out at 100%. I have attempted re-indexes on the database via ACTDIAG but still had no look. Using several sql scripts I keep stumbling across the same table name that queries are constantly updating.

CTL_SYNCROW_FILE

Now after snooping a little further I discovered this table is linked to email attachments. We send alot of emails and after speaking with clients it is apparently taking them an age to send a mail merge. They pretty much have to set it going and leave it for an hour. We never used to have this issue. We always knew sending mail merges and attaching the full email to ACT was slower than not attaching but not by the magnitude it has gotten to now.  

So whenever a mail merge is sent now the cpu hangs at 100% and when i check which queries are running it tends to always be many versions of:

UPDATE dbo.CTL_SYNCROW_FILE SET ACTIONCODE = @ACTIONCODE, APPLYDATE = GETUTCDATE(), ORIGIN_SYNCDBID = @ORIGIN_SYNCDBID, FILEHASH = @FILEHASH, FILEID = @FILEID
WHERE FOLDERID = @FOLDERID AND FILENAME = @FILENAME AND ACTIONCODE NOT IN ('DR', 'DM')

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: ACT sql usage 100%

Hi Richard,

We haven't seen this before, I'd suggest speaking to your Act certified consultant/business partner or calling our technical support on 0845 268 0220 and speaking to a technician in order to look into this in more closely.