Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT server dying, would like to relocate

ACT server dying, would like to relocate

The Windows XP Professional SP2 server I am using is on its way out. I would like to move ACT to a different server, both the application and the associated data. The new server is my DC / file server / dhcp / etc running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64. We are using ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups (EX). I have about 5 networked users and 3 remote users. Is there a recommended procedure to perform this task? I would anticipate a need to backup my current database, uninstall ACT from the current server, install it on the new server, restore the database, then manually update everyone's fields such as the database and documents locations. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! -kk
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT server dying, would like to relocate

ACT! 2007 or 2008 does not work in a 64-bit operating system. If will work on a 64-bit processor provided the 32-bit operating system is installed.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Royel wrote:
ACT! 2007 or 2008 does not work in a 64-bit operating system. If will work on a 64-bit processor provided the 32-bit operating system is installed.
Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

I cannot install ACT as a 32-bit application? Let's pretend I said "Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit". What is the recommended procedure?
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

No way, really! If you try to install on 64-bit OS, you'll not be able to register and activate Act because the protexis wasn't installed.

Otherwise, all informations you need to backup, reinstall, etc are in the KB... Smiley Wink

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

m4y wrote:
No way, really! If you try to install on 64-bit OS, you'll not be able to register and activate Act because the protexis wasn't installed.

Otherwise, all informations you need to backup, reinstall, etc are in the KB... Smiley Wink

I'll check that out! ty
Platinum Elite Contributor

m4y wrote:

Also Microsoft requies a different edition of SQL Server for 64-bit OS