Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! premium 2009 installation error

ACT! premium 2009 installation error

Hi All,

Im a nub with ACT!, this is my first time with this software, I was given the demo version of ACT! 2009 by my boss to try out and if found satisfactory we can contact SAGE to rollit out on enterprise base.

Problems I have are plenty in this software's installation;

Im using the MAGIC ISO and using bin file for installing ACT!,

good news is that SQL server db of ACT got installed peacefully, w/o any glitch, BUT,

When it comes to installation of the rest of the program it goes haywire olnly at the end and displays

"Feature Transfer Error

Error 1603 - Fatal Installation Error - Consult Windows Installer Help(MSI.chm) or MSDN for help".

It happens everytime, and Im fed up with this.

My sys config is

S/W> WINXPSP2 ie7, win installer 3, mmc 3.

H/W> 1 gb ram, 250 gb HDD, Turion based laptop

ACT! developers I need urgent help on this, today is monday here in India and I ned to get this done by thrusday or BCM from MS will get rolled on, that I personally dislike.

Hope you can help

REgards

Opsy

opsuser@gmail.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! premium 2009 installation error

Sounds like an issue with either the Windows Installer or maybe the image you are using.  I am sending you a download link to the full version of ACT! 2009 Premium. Please check your Private Messages (envelope in top right corner).  You may also need to uninstall/reinstall the Windows Installer...ACT! needs version 3.1.  There is an install file for the Installer in the Dependencies folder in the ACT! install files you will be downloading.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Just wondering, does Magic just restore an image or does it actually do an install?

If doing an install, you might look at the Silent Install info from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/58l7tt

If restoring an image, SQL needs a sysprep when cloned.

I am having the same problem getting the Error 1603 Fatal error during installation .. Feature transfer error My OS Vista 32 Home Premium ..HP Pavilion HDX 9200 Notebook PC

danzi100 wrote:
I am having the same problem getting the Error 1603 Fatal error during installation .. Feature transfer error My OS Vista 32 Home Premium ..HP Pavilion HDX 9200 Notebook PC

Try these:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q111019&sliceId=1

I did solve the problem by installing the application from the subfolder of ACT. Your installshield is outdated and not compatable with window vista ACT! Sage need to upgrade there installshield to the one compatible with Vista

ACT! 2009 should be fine with Vista... I think I posted the wrong IS link :-(

If ACT! 2009 is fine with Vista then it should installed with no problem from the setup.exe in the root of the CD!!!!

The CD I got from Costco did not work and after spending hour on the weekend I found out the you are using the demo installshield which is not compatable with Vista

Nickel Elite Contributor

Sorry you are experiencing a problem.  If you are receiving a Feature Transfer error, it has nothing to do with DemoShield.  The only thing DemoShield does is provide a CD Browser which then calls the actual installing Setup.exe for the feature selected on the browser.

Couple of things to try here:

1) Copy the content of the CD to a scratch directory on your hard drive.

2) Reboot

3) Run the install, see if that resolves your issue.

Or:

Open the CD via Windows Explorer, navigate to either folder ACTSTD (Standard edition) or ACTWG (Workgroup edition).  Launch the Setup.exe from that location, see if that resolves the issue.

Please post your results.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

As Matt says, it certainly should work... I install it that way on my Vista x32 and x64 system with no problems, as do most users.

There are parts of Demoshield involving system variables that Macrovision admit to problems with Vista, but I don't think Sage uses any of those components.