Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! premium 2009 installation error i am currently running XP

ACT! premium 2009 installation error i am currently running XP

I am running peachtree accounting and attempting to install ACT Premium. During the installation i get this ERROR-1603 Fatal error during installation. Constult windows installation help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information. I googled the 1st otion but there were so called free solutions to scan and fix but it only scaned then the bread crumbs led me to a sight that wanted to sell you the full program to fix this problem. Can any one assist?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! premium 2009 installation error i am currently running XP

Hi

The 1603 error has been on this forum before and the link still exists -

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=2296

Not sure if this will help you but worth a try.

Good luck

Chip

Nickel Contributor

1603 Errors almost always occurs as a result of a faulty extraction of the downloadable media or a conflict with existing install. If you downloaded your copy of act, try uninstalling, extracting it again, then installing. If your have a hard copy then you may want to contact support and get it in a downloadable format. Lastly, if it's as a result of a conflict from a previous version then you could try running the uninstaller found, but if that doesn't fix it then callling support would be your best option.

Act Uninstaller

Copper Contributor

Hi I have also had serveral install issues with ACT.  I solved each and every one of them by first running Windows Update, getting all the updates and trying again