Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT out of the Box integration with Blackberry

Copper Contributor

ACT out of the Box integration with Blackberry

I looked for blackberry on the forum and only found a thread that the ACT person referred the questioner to 2 VAR's to solve their problem.  Not to deny a VAR their right to make money, but given the fact that BBerry just about the universally used business mobile communication sales tool does ACT plan to engineer its own out of the box integration and can you let me know what the expected date that is currently planned for?

Should I interpret the fact that the only out of the box capability available on the application in 2009 is for Palm OS and Pocket PC, which while 10 years ago were relevant but are now basically extinct in the business user community, as ACT has no desire to address this for Blackberry, de facto standard for business?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT out of the Box integration with Blackberry

[ Edited ]

The links out of the box are for cable connections and most Blackberry users want a wireless sync which means setting up a service with a subscription.

Handheld Contact also has a free Edition that might be worth a try

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-25-2009 12:08 PM

ACT! currently doesn't have any out of the box links to sync with BlackBerry devices.  We are currently developing a synch service called ACT! Mobile Live that will sync with BlackBerry devices along with other handheld platforms.  I currently do not have a release date for ACT! Mobile Live.
Copper Contributor

Thanks - from my pespective this is an ever increasingly important requirement so any possible delivery date estimate would be appreciated.
Copper Contributor

Is there a beta program for Mobile Live?  I have Blackberries and iPhones in our office, so I would like to participate if that is possible.
Platinum Elite Contributor

There was a beta in Austral;ia back in January and then a wider one in June...
Copper Elite Contributor

I have the BB Curve and use Companionlink. IT WORKS !!!  www.companionlink.com  You only need the express version ($50). It sync's with ACT 2009 and is flawless. I have told many people in my company and they are using it too. You will be VERY happy.

mishawaka,

There are plans of another ACT! Mobile Live beta in the near future.  I do not have an exact date when the beta will take place.

Please check your private messages.