Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! not recording history for emails sent from Outlook

Copper Contributor

ACT! not recording history for emails sent from Outlook

Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 2 Outlook 365 16.0.11629.20192 32 bit Win 10 I can see that there are several posts about Outlook emails not being recorded in history. I have now gone thru SIX sessions with the ACT technicians, and the problem keeps reoccurring. their only help is to have a remote technician go into my program and make massive changes, only to have the issue pop up again a few days later. We are using local databases and syncing to a cloud database. I do not understand why ACT cannot get their stuff together and fix this. On top of this, I cannot get thru the wall of people they have in place to prevent anyone from speaking to an upper level person, beyond the call in techs to discuss or solve this problem. I'd appreciate any suggestions. My company has been using ACT since 1998, and I'm honestly considering finding an alternative program now. This is aggravating, time consuming, and frankly it's costing me money to have to spend time on this like this..............
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! not recording history for emails sent from Outlook

No thoughts form anyone on this???  Since posting this we again ahve the same issue AFTER Act technicians supposedly fixed it permanently

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue with Act! Pro Version 21.1.187.0, Update 2 and Office 2019 desktop version. Good to know that I am not too stupid to use Act. It does not work in both directions. Sending serial emails from Act via Outlook and vice versa. Thiis feature is key - please fix it asap!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

i've finally been told this is a reported issue with ACT address book and had not been resolved yet.  No repair date noted and still open with ACT

The outbound history from Act -> Outlook 2019 does not work on my Win 10 prof. System. The inbound hstory Outlook -> Act does.

Tuned Listener

had same problem- uninstall Office 365; uninstall old office 2010; uninstall Act; delete act folders Program file86\act;  re-boot; install office 365; reboot; install act- configure act; re-boot.

office 365 must be installed before act is installed

old office 2010 files must be 100% deleted- they sometimes are hard to kill

after installing act go thru preferences and re-set up email syncing, etc.

I did this several months ago and haven't had any problems at all w/ Act...

Good LUCK!!!!!