Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT not launching after re-install

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ACT not launching after re-install

[ Edited ]

Setting up new PC and reinstalled Act Premium V18. Install and latest update completed successfully.  When I try to launch Act, it has house glass for a few seconds and then nothing. No error message, no welcome screen.  Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT not launching after re-install

Bring up task manager and see if Act! is already running (listed) even though it won't start.  Force close it and any other Act! application instances running and try to start it normally again.

-Bud

Bud Rice

Executive Business Systems

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

i tried that already and it didn't work.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Make sure you are installing 18.2 version of act! with update 7 as this is the only version that will activate with the new licencing servers.

Try deleting your preferences folder, this KB article will help https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024241154  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

deleting the preferences didn't help.

I installed 18.2x53 which is the latest full version file I had, and then the the v7 update.  no errors on the installation. I did not yet get a prompt to enter a serial # either.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi,

Try changing the compatibility mode to either Windows 7 or Windows 8 and launch Act. You can do this by right click on the Act icon Properties> compatibility.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

that did not work either