Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

****ACT not keeping up with the times? **** Come on ACT,..Take it to the next level !!!

Copper Elite Contributor

****ACT not keeping up with the times? **** Come on ACT,..Take it to the next level !!!

I have been an ACT user for 10+ years. This software has really helped me grow my business and foster relationships through retained data. This issue that I am seeing as of late:

1. Not much integration with any other mail platform except Outlook. As a company, we use Lotus Notes. The ACT system saving emails through the integrated software does not work well with LN. To go further,...we are switching some computers to Mac and that brings a whole other bunch of issues.

2. The only realy updates to newer versions of ACT have been:

a. You can now change colors of the notes

b. You can now change font size of notes

c. We allow cusotmization of dashboard,...ect.....

As things have been evolving with CRM and industry,...ACT is not keeping up witht he times. I should not have to go searching on the internet to find 3rd party apps to migrate data, load contacts to my phone, fax documents to my contacts (that's another conversation), and not allowing POP email to ACT (Gmail).

ACT,...you are at a critical time in my eyes. It's time to take it to the next level. If it were not for the brillian contributors the offer great advice on this community site,..I would have been gone to greener pastures long ago. I have purchased every upgrade you offer,...but still falling short of what I need. Come on ACT,...Let's take it to the next level!!!

Lastly,..Thaks again to all of The Community. Your advice is wonderful. THANK YOU !!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ****ACT not keeping up with the times? **** Come on ACT,..Take it to the next level !!!

1. There is basic support for Lotus Notes (but much better wth ACT! for Lotus Notes). Also, GMail will be supported with ACT! 2012

2. Yes, I agree... although, the Outlook integration has got better with each version. The only big change for ACT! 2012 is Google support
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ****ACT not keeping up with the times? **** Come on ACT,..Take it to the next level !!!

Mike,

I would like to personally Thank You for all of the great answers over the years. THANK YOU !!!

My companies Lotus Notes email arrives as PersonsName/WRRN/WRRN, not as JohnDoe@WRRN.com. LN will not recognize this and makes LN for ACT useless. I am having to forward all emails to a Outlook Gmail address, then attach them. A crazy process to log incomming emails.

How does Sage expect me to pay another $249 for 2012 when the only change will be Gmail support? I am sure they will change a few colors and "Pretty" up the screen,...but this is crazy!!! Salesforce.com is offering solutions that are inviting. No software to download (nice), integration with most all email providers,....ect and starting at $2 per month (cloud based).

Now dont get me wrong,... I LOVE ACT! I woul drather have the software on my laptop vs Cloud,..but to reiterate,..ACT - STEP UP YOUR GAME. You too are in the sales business and you need to provide me benifits that narrow my GAPS. Sage,..I need your help. Fix these issues,...

I keep hearing "Google will integrate in 2012."  What does that mean?  Will there be calendar integration? Contact integration? Or just the limited ability to actually send an email?

I absolutely agree that ACT is not keeping up with the rapid changes of the CRM world.  We're constantly looking for outside integration solutions.  When they add functionality, it appears to be oriented toward the "look and feel" not the actual function.  Smart Tasks, queries, Swiftpage, and many of their other "features" are under developed.

It very likely could be a lack of quality leadership inside their organization, at which point it's time to find a new solution.

[ Edited ]

Brian,
The Google/Gmail integration in ACT! 2012 includes contact sync, calendar sync, and the ability to record Gmail messages in ACT! contact history.

If you would like to particpate in the Beta for ACT! 2012, please see the instructions in the following Community post:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Register-now-for-the-Sage-ACT-2012-Beta-SageACT/m-p/131448#M468...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

One thing to be careful of ... Google sometimes has an odd way of combining records that really aren't dupes. You'll want to make sure you have regular backups