Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! meetings are not sending email invites from Outlook 2003

Copper Super Contributor

ACT! meetings are not sending email invites from Outlook 2003

Hi,

One of my clients is not able to send email invitations from within ACT! when scheduling a meeting. He schedules a meeting,within ACT! Premium 2011 SP1 Hf1, and clicks on send email invitations. It pops up a dialog box claiming Outlook invitation is being sent. Yet no invitations are in Outlook sent mail, and the recipient never receives them.

Trying to send an Outlook invitation, then synchronizing calendars also fails. This time there is an error message:

Synchronization failed.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office, creating a new Outlook profile, then reinstalling ACT!, wiping all ACT! preferences. The issue still remains on the Windows XP machine with Office 2003 SP3. But email invites work on another Win7 machine with same version of ACT! and same version of Outlook.

Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! meetings are not sending email invites from Outlook 2003

Hello rkumar,

When the activity is scheduled and the box for "Send email invitation is checked", the user will click OK to save the activity. Then a new Outlook message screen will pop up for the meeting invitation, which the user then has to manually send. Is this user getting this new message screen?

Also, a couple of other things you can try are a new ACT! user account or new Windows profile.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! meetings are not sending email invites from Outlook 2003

Hi Greig,

The client does get the popup, but no email invite is sent from within Outlook. I checked the email sent items, and sent that email invite to myself. It just fails to get sent out. Outlook integration is working, the icons are all present.

I haven't tried creating a new ACT! user or new windows profile, will see if that works.