Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT install problems

Tuned Listener

ACT install problems

I seriously dont get this. 

I am suppposed to install ACT 2009 on a working associates computer. I install ACT and everything seems fine. Then i open ACT - without opening any database - and search for a update, which i install. But during the "update", ACT for some reason wants to "install" again, and it then returns an error message, that i should finish my installation before carrying on a new installation? And after i have done this procedure ACT cannot be opened - it says 

ACT by sage has stopped working - windows is checking for a solution to the problem.  

Well I then tried to open the remote database without updating. When i try to log in, ACT says that i have to update before connecting to the database. I guess this is because the main database runs the "newer" version.

So the little "update"-window pops up in the lower right corner of the screen, but i can't click on it!!! 

I am not good friends with act today!

Hope that anyone can help with this problem. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT install problems

What version of Windows? ACT! 2009 is compatible with XP and Vista.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Windows 7, but my own computer runs act just fine, and it is also Windows 7

ACT! 2009 isn't reliable onWindows 7. I've experienced similar situations.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello andreasbohlke,
If you go to Help > About ACT!, what is the exact version of ACT! you have installed?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi Greig. 

I can see that the version i run on my computer is 

ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version c

I cannot access my employees computer before next week. But i guess that when installing it is running a "lower" version

probably something lower than 11.1.183.0 since it says that a update is available. 

Yes, they should only get the update notification if running version 11.0. If there is an issue trying to apply the update, then try running ACT! as administrator (close ACT!, right-click on program icon, and select 'Run As Administrator').

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Okay i will try doing that next time I go to work Greig. 

The problem occurs when i want to update (clicking the little window in right bottom corner), it begins to install and errors out saying that i have to finish the other installation which i have finished! 

Should it begin an install process when updating? Seems a bit odd to me.