Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT freezes when emailing activity eminder

Copper Super Contributor

ACT freezes when emailing activity eminder

When I schedule an activity in ACT! and check the box to send invitation email, hit send, ACT! freezes about 70% of the time.  I also get occasional ACT! freezes when I receive an appointment via Outlook email and want to add that to my calendar.  

I'm using ACT v18 Premium and Outlook 2016. 

Susan

Administrator

Re: ACT freezes when emailing activity eminder

Hi Susan,

Just a few questions:
Are you using Act via remote desktop or something similar?
Does Act also freeze when sending an email to a contact by clicking the email button on the toolbar of a contact?
Does Act also freeze when performing mail merges to contacts?
Does the issue occur for any other users?
Could you please test on another database (i.e. the demo DB) to see if the problem is database specific?
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your assistance

Are you using Act via remote desktop or something similar? Using it on a desktop not remote

Does Act also freeze when sending an email to a contact by clicking the email button on the toolbar of a contact?  No

Does Act also freeze when performing mail merges to contacts?  No

Does the issue occur for any other users? Only one user on the DB

Could you please test on another database (i.e. the demo DB) to see if the problem is database specific?  Could not replicate on demo DB - email isn't set up on that DB.

Administrator

Hi Susan,

Please could you run though the email system setup on the demo DB in order to test.

Please could you also run an MS Office repair as detailed here, then try emailing an activity invite again.

Copper Super Contributor

I now have email set up on the Demo DB.  I scheduled a call and a meeting for Chris Huffman and tried to check the "send activity email' option but it was grayed out.

Susan

Copper Super Contributor

PS - I also ran the Outlook online repair tool.

Administrator

Hi Susan,

The Send invitation email option will always be greyed out for the user you are logged in as. Try inviting a different contact.
Copper Super Contributor

Gary

I set up email on the demo DB and made two calendar appointments. Both messages were sent successfully and the ACT! Demo DB froze after sending them. I had to close ACT! via Task Manager. Any suggestions?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you look at your ACT version number in Help, About ACT. If patched up to date it should say something like 18.2.53.0 Update 4

If it still says 18.1 etc I suggest updating with service patch 2 and Hotfix 4 as these did contain some improvements to ACT - Outlook linking.

Copper Super Contributor

I applied the updates and then re-tried sending an activity email.  ACT! froze again.  Ugh.