Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT freezes on Sync

ACT freezes on Sync

Hello.

Act won't sync. it just freezes when sync selected. Tried uninstall and re-install re-import database, but no change. It hangs indefinitely.

Previous version stopped working for no apparent reason on Feb 20, no other software was installed that may have caused an issue.

Using:

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2
English (Canada)

Now at the point where I have to wipe my whole computer and reinstall my OS (!) just to try to get this POS program running so I can log in to it 2 or 3 times a week when our outside guys are too lazy to look up a phone number. All of my quotes, price lists, marketing files, 2 years of emails and contacts thousands of other files that i use way more than ACT, ALL have to be backed up, and many wasted hours spent on the whole proceedure, with no guarantee that it will work anyway.

On top of all that, and the worst thing, we will have to jump through hoops with our Bank in order to reinstall our credit card payment system on this machine.

I would really really like to avoid this drastic "solution", but after many attempts our IT guy has washed his hands of it and I'm left with the deliberately obtuse help files and this forum as my last hope.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the advances that have been made in this product since it was sold by Symantec..

I only wish that I had a hard copy of the install disk so that I could beat it into powder with a hammer.

Forgive my frustrated outburst, but based on a quick Google search, apparently I'm not alone. 

Any help out there?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT freezes on Sync

Hello Colin,

Here are some suggestions to isolate or resolve the issue:

- At what point is it freezing?

- If there are other remotes, are they able to sync?

- What is the operating system of the computer?

- If you create a new remote, will it synchronize from this computer?

- Run database maintenance: Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair (host and remote databases)

- Use 'Run as administrator' (close Sage ACT!, right-click Sage ACT! icon, select 'Run as administrator' > attempt sync to test

- Add exceptions to firewall/anti-virus software: KB Article 25125 > attempt to sync

Greg Martin
Sage