Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! for web will not attach message above a certain size

ACT! for web will not attach message above a certain size

I am using ACT! for Web Premium 2012

Normally my messages attach from Outlook 2010 to the ACT! database without a problem.  However, if the email contains attachments of any size, like 5 mb, the attachment process fails.  It does not even show up in the little "Attach To ACT! Contacts Progress" app.  Nor does it work if I try to manually attach after the email has been sent using the Outlook -> Add-Ins -> Attach to ACT! Premium Contacts function.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this.  I'm not sure if there's a threshold message size limit on either the client or server size that can be modified but that would be something I would look at if I knew how.

Thanks!

Rob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! for web will not attach message above a certain size

Hello Rob,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. There is a reported issue that is currently under investigation where ACT! is unable to attach a file over 10 MB via the web client. Are you finding this is also true for files that are between 5 and 10 MB?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

yes exactly.  I'm using web premium and the email (a standard email I frequently send) that will not attach is 4653 kb (three attachments of 2mb, 2mb & 653kb).  Please let me know if you hear of any solution.

Rob

Which browser are you using? Have you tested in more than one browser?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

IE 9.0.8112.  I've not tried others as Sage told me I had to use IE with ACT.

And smaller files (<4 MB) are attaching?

Greig Hollister

I don't know where the MB cut off is but if they fix 10 mb then I would think the problem of what happens to a 2.725 mb file becomes moot.

Possibly, but we did not see this issue happening with files under 10 MB, so this may be a different issue. I will do some additional testing and report any new information to our development team.

Greig Hollister