Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for web- v18 logging out after period of inactivity

Copper Contributor

ACT for web- v18 logging out after period of inactivity

When using the web version of our ACT database my colleagues are complaining that the system is logging them out after a very short period of inactivity. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Or to lengthen the time so that its not happening so frequently?

Re: ACT for web- v18 logging out after period of inactivity

I've been told in Chat with ACT that they can set it, but apparently I can't, even as an administrator.  Ridiculous as that may seem.  I was also told t hey could set it for 8 hours but no longer. 

Copper Contributor

You are supposed to be able to set this in ACT but I haven't been able to get it to work from within act.  I had to change my session timeout in sql server.  Now we are able to work all day without the session timing out. 

This is extremely frustrating - I've wasted about 2 hours with help line and still haven't been able to resolve - when they automatically upgrade us to V18 a whole bunch of stuff is working wrong but the constant logging out is the biggest issue - wish someone knew how to fix this

ACT told me they would fix the time out issue from their end.  They did this before and it worked.  Though now they told me because of other issues (blank boxes when I try to add a Call) to use Chrome instead of IE. And as odd as it seems, I was not timing out after the fix on IE, but it is on Chrome and Firefox. 

Administrator

If you are an Act! Premium Cloud customer, we can increase the timeout if requested. A ticket for this can be raised via the web, by chat, or by phone.