Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! for Web

ACT! for Web

Is ACT! for Web its own software or is it a part of ACT! 2008 Premium?  If its separate, where can I buy it?

Thanks

Adam 

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! for Web

with the release of 2009, ACT for the Web became part of the product release.  For 2008, you have to purchase a separate license for ACT for the Web.  You can call either an ACT consultant, Corporate Sales or an ACT VAR to get a license for ACT for the Web.  Then, you will need to ensure you have Microsoft IIS running a machine somewhere and there is actually a distinct piece of Software, called ACT for the Web that gets loaded.  it will read an ACT database from the same version sitting on another server.  The users just need to be able to get to a browser.  You will need a license for every name that appears on the database being accessed.  Hope that helps.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Thank you for your help.  Do you happen to know if there is a trial version available?

Here is what I am attempting to do...

I want to install ACT! for Web on a Windows 2003 Server I have at my house.  Now since my employer prevents(lol...blocks) ACT! from being installed on company laptops, I wanted to access ACT online.  Does this seem like a good way of doing this or is it overkill?

Another question....If I buy ACT 2009, you're saying that only one person can access that database.  If I wanted a couple guys I work with to have access, do each of them have to buy ACT 2009? 

Thanks for your help!!!

Adam 

Bronze Contributor

Hi, here's some answers.

1. To get a trial of ACT for the Web, you contact ACT Corporate sales or a reseller.  There is no place to download it directly. 

2. To run ACT for the Web, you need to ensure IIS is turned on and you can "see" the server either externally or internally over a network. 

3.  More than one person can access a database.  What I meant is for every "Name" in the database, you need an ACT license.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!