Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web freezes

ACT for Web freezes

Hello!

We use ACT! Premium for Web 2013. It is hosted in a Windows Server 2012. Most of our users have windows 8 and access the database throught IE.

After a couple of weeks using the database in ACT we are experience a very strange issue. It constantly freezes when trying to search by records.

How can I troubleshoot and fix this?

This is the error in the server log

Application: ActSage.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.PersistenceException
Stack:
at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowRuntime.StopRuntime()
at Act.Framework.Workflow.WorkflowManager.Dispose(Boolean)
at Act.Framework.Security.GeneralManager.Finalize()

Thanks!

Re: ACT for Web freezes

nany,

When you do the search, which search box are you using?  The one in the top right, or are you doing a lookup?

Have you tried running database maintenance?

Normally an error such as this tells me that there was a program error or an error in the Microsoft .NET Runtime 4.0.   Any additional information you can give would be helpful.  How often does this happen?  Is it only occuring when you search by contact?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Copper Super Contributor

I am also having this issue, it seems to freeze all the time, especiall when they search in the box on the left and not the lookup menu. You mentioned you think it is a error in the .Net Runtime, what can I do to try and repair this?

Copper Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

We also use Sage ACT for Web for our server and Sage ACT for Windows for our client machines.

We have freezing after the user logs in.

I see this error often in the logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Eric

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Eric,

Could you please confirm the error you see in your logs is the exact same as the one in the original post? If not, please post your error.

Does the issue occur on the local installation or the web interface, or both?

Please can you also state which version of Act, Windows and latest version of .NET you have installed on the local machines/server? Use the attached batch file if you need help identifying .NET version.

Copper Contributor

Hey Gary,

I apologize for my lack of detail.

I do receive this error in the event logs after I close ACT for Windows on the server (I had logged in via RDP).

Here's the error:

Application: ActSage.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.PersistenceException
Stack:
   at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowRuntime.StopRuntime()
   at Act.Framework.Workflow.WorkflowManager.Dispose(Boolean)
   at Act.Framework.Security.GeneralManager.Finalize()

The server has .NET 4 installed and is running Server 2008 R2 and ACT version Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2013 Version 15.1.108.0

We don't actually use the web version currently.

I also receive the same error on my local machine which has the same version of ACT for Windows installed and runs Windows 7 32-bit.  My local machine has .NET 4.5.2 installed.

I realized that the problem with freezing most likely isn't related to this error as the freezing after login doesn't happen on my local machine.

It was happening intermittently on the server and a few other machines. 

Basically what would happen is that the user would login and then a few seconds after logging in ActSage.exe would eat up about 1.5 GB of RAM and become sluggish

Employee

It has been reported that this issue can be caused by pending smart task steps in the database.

This KB contains a batch file you can run on your server. It removes any pending smart task steps. Backup any databases first.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37961/kw/37961

Copper Contributor

Looking at the KB it's talking about databases that have been updated from v15 to v17 but we are still on v15. It is definitely worth trying as I am grasping at straws with the issue.

I'll try it shortly and see if it solves the issues.

Thanks for your help so far.
-Eric
Employee

Don't worry about it referring to databases upgraded from v15. That was the only article I could find with the file attached.

The batch file works the same on v15 databases.

Copper Contributor

OK i ran it as stated. I actually looked at the tables first and one had 3000 some records most of which were completed smarttasks and the second had 1 record. It successfully cleared both tables out.

I will see if the issue comes back as I'm sure it will usually does by 10 am EST.

Thanks for your help so far I will report back with my findings.