Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web contact list error

ACT for Web contact list error

I just installed a fresh version of Act! Premium (Web) Version: 17.2.209.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and I am using the Demo database.

When accessing ACT via web, when I select contact list view, I get the following error:

Server failed to respond to data request. Please refresh or contact your Act! Administrator.

I am able to see what would be the contact list view, but there are no contacts there.  Everything else seems to be working, and when I access ACT via desktop, I have no problems with the contact list view.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: ACT for Web contact list error

Forgot to mention that this error happens when accessing ACT for Web on a PC via Chrome, Firefox, and IE, but does not happen when accessing via mobile device using the mobile URL    .../APFW/M

Bronze Elite Contributor

With IE please try both with Compatibility Mode and then without it.

ch1p,

Thank you for responding!

I mistakenly wrote IE when I meant to say Edge.  After I read your reply, I tried it in IE 11 with and without compatibility mode and I continue to get the same error.  According to the spec. sheet (https://www.act.com/products/system/v17/premium#web) ACT 17 for Web supports IE 11.

Any other ideas?

Thanks you!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Did you try it with Compatibility mode?

Hello ch1p,

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

In IE 11, I went to settings>compatibility view settings and added my domain to the list of websites added to compatibility view.  I logged into the demo database in ACT for Web 17.  When I go to contact list view, i get the error message "Server failed to respond to data request.  Please refresh or contact your ACT Administrator."  Contact detail view works fine.

I went back to compatibility view settings and removed my domain from the list of websites added to compatibility view. I closed and re-opened IE 11.  I logged into the Demo database.  I went to contact list view, and I got the same error.

I think I am doing this correctly.  Did I miss any steps that you can see?  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hi, 

Would you be able to add the setting provided in this article to IE: 38158 What are the required browsers and recommended browser settings for Act! Premium (access via w...

Also while with V17 it is not a directly compatible browser, have you tried with Chrome?

Hello Horn,

Thank you for responding!

I followed your link and verified the following settings:

1. Under compatibility view settings, my domain of my ACT database is listed under  "websites you've added compatibility view"

-"Compatibility Mode" and Compatibility View Settings" are the same thing, correct?

2..  Scripting of Java applets is set to "enable"

3.  Use pop-up blocker is set to "Disable"

4.  The domain of my ACT database is set to "always allow cookies"

5.  I am not running IE in private browsing mode.  Is there a way to "turn off" private browsing mode without editing the registry?  Should I edit the my registry like this?

-

Navigate to..... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE

Create a new D-Word "Start Mode"  and give it a value of "0"

6.  The domain of my ACT database is listed in my Trusted Sites

And this does happen on Edge, IE11, Firefox, and Chrome running on a Windows 10 PC.  It also happens on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome running on a Mac.

It ONLY happens in Contact List View, NOT in Opportunity List View

Thank you for your suggestions.  Do you have any other ideas?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Can you just confirm that when viewed on the server via the ACT Client installation all is normal? 

Yes.  When viewing on the server from the Client Interface, everything is normal and works perfectly.  This only occurs when viewing through a web browser from a different computer via the Act for Web interface at xxx.xxx.com/APFW.

It does not occur when viewing from a mobile device, or even from a desktop computer via web browser at the address for the mobile interface at xxx.xxx.com/APFW/M.

Thanks for your continued assistance.