Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web V 17.2 is down after upgrade from 17.0 on Win Server 2016

ACT for Web V 17.2 is down after upgrade from 17.0 on Win Server 2016

[ Edited ]

We upgraded our ACT for Web from 17.0 to 17.2 and now ACT for Web will not work, we are under the impression that it is because we have Windows server 2016 running and there is compatibility problems. Is anyone else out there running 17.2 and Windows Server 2016? Does anyone know of any issues with these two working together? We have done hours of trouble shooting from reinstalling the IIS and .nets to permission issues, It worked fine before the upgrade to 17.2 any ideas?

THANKS!

Employee

Re: ACT for Web V 17.2 is down after upgrade from 17.0 on Win Server 2016

Hi Justin

V17 has not been tested with Windows server 2017

Can you access the site locally? (Localhost\apfw) 

Do you get any error messages?

Do the Web Site administration tests run through without error messages 

How to use the Web Site Administration Tool for Act! Premium

How do I manually create and configure a web site and virtual directory for Act! Premium (access via...

[ Edited ]
500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

No, it can not be accessed via Localhost/apfw

This is the error message I get.

The ASP.net test works.

Do you have or know where I can find this?

Act premium administrators guide for instructions for configuring ASP.NET user account permissions

This is the error when I test web site administration (I have tried our local admin account as well as our actweb user account)

I have added user to the registry key and added read permissions

I verified ASP.NET is enabled and installed

I created a separate local user account with out spaces

2017-01-20_8-31-14.png

Bronze Elite Contributor

Below is a guide to trouble shooting this error. Within the guide and at the bottom there are links to other helpful information regarding the problem.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16512/~/test-result-message%3A-the-asp.net-process-account...

Yes, I have read all these and the related ones. 

After trouble shooting I think the patch of 17.2 has incompatibility with our SQL 2012 because I cant connect to the .net users and this error comes up.

2017-01-23_9-48-02.png

Administrator

Hi Justin,

For reference, the v17 Web Administrators Guide can be found here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38160