Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web - Missing Navigation Buttons

Tuned Listener

ACT for Web - Missing Navigation Buttons

Some of my ACT for web users have smaller screens with a max of 1024x768 (sad I know). The issue is that some items fall off the navigation bar.

One thing I've done to help ease the situation is:

1. Logon to ACT for Web from a different computer, one with a better resolution

2. Use the arrow button at the bottom of the nav pane to remove unused buttons

3. The setting is saved and the buttons are removed on the smaller reso screen too

You have to do this from a different computer because even the arrows are hidden.

Is there perhaps a better solution though? Is it possible to remove some of the related task options? Most of the users aren't using the list anyway.

Marshall Hayes
ACT! Certified Consultant
Hayes Consulting LLC
www.HayesConsultingOnline.com
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT for Web - Missing Navigation Buttons

I wanted to add:
You can also use the top arrow to shrink the nav pane up to the left so that it displays only icons. The users don't like that choice though since it eliminates their ability to do the fastest type of lookups.

-Marshall Hayes
Marshall Hayes
Hayes Consulting LLC
Platinum Elite Contributor

Does it help to use Full Screen mode in their browser? Press the F11 button for Internet Explorer.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

It does increase the height of the screen by quite a bit which allows more buttons to appear. They could move their task bar to the left/right of the screen (vertically) as well to get more space. They can also remove uneeded IE toolbars (who doesn't have a few of those?).

For now the end users seem content with just a few buttons missing. We took the Welcome screen, reports, and dashboard off since they're not utilizing these features yet.

Marshall Hayes
Hayes Consulting LLC