Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web Lost Registration after Reinstalling Protexis

Tuned Listener

ACT for Web Lost Registration after Reinstalling Protexis

I recently had to reinstall Protexis due to it not starting in Application Services.  Once I used the Licensing Services Tool I downloaded from this site, everything starting working again.  But now ACT is running in trial mode. I can not register the license numbers I have had.  The strange this is that it says I have enough licenses for 14 users.  When I try to re-register any of the license numbers, I get a "not valid" error.  It seems like I need to unregister the old entries and then re-register them.  Any thought or instructions?

I am using ACT 2008 Premium for Web, V10.0

Thanks,

Robert

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT for Web Lost Registration after Reinstalling Protexis

Looking for a little help with the comments posted previuosly.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to unregister the serial numbers that I have previuosly registered (I have four that give me 14 licenses)?  Once I can do that, I think I can re-register them and get everything working again.

Platinum Super Contributor

The following article has steps for removing the system files that retain the serial number information.  Using these steps should resolve the issue: KB Article 13727

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Well i followed the instructions, and when i reentered any of the registration serial numbers, i get the error saying that they are already registered.  I will try to unistall Protexis again and see if that works.  Is there any place in the registry that holds the registration information that needs to be removed prior to reintsalling protexis?

Platinum Super Contributor

Try doing a 'Find' in the registry for your serial number.  It might be under the hkey_local_machine\software\act\10.0 key.

Greg Martin
Sage