Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! for Web - Google Chrome - Follow Up Activity Issue

Tuned Listener

ACT! for Web - Google Chrome - Follow Up Activity Issue

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking this is just a Chrome issue, though, thought I'd ask to see if other's are able to recreate this issue to confirm.

We had a customer report this issue, which is, when creating a History record, when clicking the "Follow Up" button, the new Activity window opens as it should, though, the OK box is greyed out.

Can anyone else recreate this?

This works fine in IE8, and Firefox 3 (have yet to try 4).

Best Regards,

Jim

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! for Web - Google Chrome - Follow Up Activity Issue

[ Edited ]

Hello Jim,

First, please note that Google Chrome is not listed as a supported browser for ACT! for Web 2011. The supported browsers are IE 7 & 8 and Firefox 3.5 & 3.6.  However I did  a little testing on what you described. Here's what I found using Google Chrome version 11.0.696.68:

- As you said, initially the OK button is grayed when scheduling a follow-up activity when creating a new history

- However, if you click the Contacts button on the follow-up activity, then just click OK on the contact selection screen that comes up (without making any changes), the OK button will be available now and you can schedule the activity.

- However, after the activity screen closes you will now see that the OK button on the original history you were creating seems unresponsive. Click the OK button once - nothing seems to happens. Then click the X to close the history window. Refresh the History tab and you will see that the History did indeed get recorded.

- Another thing I noticed was that not all the buttons on the bottom of these screens were initially visible. I had to stretch the window to see them.

Unfortunately, I do not anticipate any fixes for issues with Google Chrome since it is not currently a supported browser, but I hope the above information helps.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.