Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for Web 2013 error: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured

Copper Contributor

ACT for Web 2013 error: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured

Dear all,

I recently installed this new ACT version and I am very happy with it but I have just one problem, I am not able to get running the web access.

When I’m going to check the ASP configuration I get the following:

act error.jpg

I have IIS7 properly installed with ASP.NET running, anyway I have:

- reinstalled ASP.NET

- created different admin accounts for ASP.NET

- changed virtual directory for APFW

Any idea?

Kind regards,

Álvaro.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT for Web 2013 error: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured

Type the following in your web browser

http://localhost/

Do you get the IIS7 default page displayed?

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT for Web 2013 error: ASP.NET process account does not exist or is not configured

Appears the following:

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

Nickel Super Contributor

Saludos...

The ASP.NET process account requires Read permission to the registry key that contains the encrypted impersonation user account credentials. In most instances, the Web site Administration tool in ACT! Premium for Web server sets this permission for you.

To verify the setting, you will need to examine the permissions on the following registry key:

32-bit Operating System: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG
64-bit Operating System: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AspNetProcess\ASPNET_SETREG

Use the following steps to verify the permissions of the above registry key:

1. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
  2. Type regedit in the Open field, and then click OK. The Windows Registry Editor appears.
  3. Browse to, and right-click the registry key described above, and then click Permissions from the shortcut menu. The Permission for AspNetProcess dialog box appears.
  4. Ensure the Impersonation user has Read control for this key.
  5. Close the Windows Registry Editor.
Copper Contributor

Hi jotero,

The impersonator user has already the read permission granted for this registry folder.

Kind regards,

Álvaro.

I get the default page but still get error when testing ASP! Can you please help. We changed database and I can't change it in website administration.

Thanks

I checked the permissions but there is not a "impersonator" user?