Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for WEB installation issues. Do I need a server? Different OS?

ACT for WEB installation issues. Do I need a server? Different OS?

Can somebody please help me??? I am trying to set up ACT for remote users in different locations (15 users remotely) I have ACT for Web. I am having complications installing it. I get the error: Microsoft restricts this version of windows to 10 Network connections. We recommend running the ACT Premium for Web application on a server-class version of windows. I am using Windows Vista(laptop). I also had the same error when I installed it on my desktop(XP Pro SP2). I had to clean insatll Vista on my Laptop because I had XP Media on it. So that took about a week. Then I had to buy an external hard drive to backup my stuff, which I am kind of regretting. Maybe I should send it back and get a server instead. Another thing, I donnot have a server so does that mean I need to get one to use this product. Should I just purchase the workgroups version for me the Administartor and give the web version to another user? Or should I keep this one. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in Advance!
Marchelle Miles
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT for WEB installation issues. Do I need a server? Different OS?

For 10 or more users, you have to use Windows Server 2003.

Microsoft doesn't permit Vista or XP to host an application for more than 9 users

So does that mean I can install it normally. And it will work remotely?
Marchelle Miles
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! for Web will run on XP or Vista ... for a maximum of 9 users.

Although, as the internet often has random connections made, which will take up Microsoft's user count, I don't usually recommend it for reliably connecting greater than 6

Thank you for your help.
Marchelle Miles