Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for WEB 2008 SP1 via Terminal Server 2008

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT for WEB 2008 SP1 via Terminal Server 2008

ACT for WEB 2008 SP1  via Terminal Server 2008

We have a client who has 3 terminal servers and a single ACT for WEB installation on a dedicated server. When trying to configure the users on terminal server it asks you to download 2 programs, 1 for Word integration and the next for email integration with Outlook.

For the first user to be set up all works fine but for the next user it states that the program is already installed and we need to remove and re-install. Without installing no ACT icons appear in Outlook and the ACT address book is not listed in add address books in Outlook. Sage promised this configuration would work at the time of purchase so any help would be very welcome. (I have been told by another ACT partner that the problem only started for them after SP1.)

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT for WEB 2008 SP1 via Terminal Server 2008

First, ACT does work just fine in a terminal server environment.  (here is a KB that contains a few tips for making that hapen) and a white paper on the subject.

I do not believe that it is a problem that started with a particular ACT Service Pack, (at least I've not seen that)

Also important, Server 2008 is not listed as a supported operating system for ACT 2008 so that could be part of your problem.  (ACT 2008 System Requirements)

if it does work in your environment, I would suspect that one of the programs was not installed with the server in "Install Mode"  this could cause this type of problem.  If you believe that you have folloowed the other instructions given above. (and preferably, with a supported version of ACT - upgrading ACT ur downgrading your Server operating system may be necessary)

If you had a supported operating system, my suspician would be that the server was not in install mode when the programs were installed and I would sugest uninstalling aCT and MS Office and reinstalling with the server in "install Mode'  Here is an articla on installing in "Install Mode" from Microsoft. (Microsoft KB HERE)

Also, I'd not reccomend putting ACT for Web and Terminal services on the same server for security reasons.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Elite Contributor

CORRECTION    ACT for WEB 2012 on SERVER 2008R2

Thanks for your help so far.

Bronze Elite Contributor

The probelm I have is in settingup ACT for WEB users via IE on the termainal server where ACT is on another server. The knowledgebase links above are all for where ACT client is installed on the terminal server.

Thanks for trying to help.

Silver Contributor

Is MS OFFICE installed on the Terminal Server? 

I"ve sent you a private message

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider