Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for MAC !!!

Copper Elite Contributor

ACT for MAC !!!

Sage,...as a growing number of business are swithing to Mac computers,....we need the abiity to use ACT on a MAC without running a VM. 

Anyone?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT for MAC !!!

Hello Brian,
Unfortunately, the number of businesses in the target market for ACT! who use Mac machines is still too few to justify the expense for what would essentially be a new software. However, we do recognize that a number of businesses are moving away from desktops & laptops to mobile devices like iPads and iPhones, so we are releasing a new HTML5 mobile solution due out this Spring. Please stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Greig,

I understand that Mac does not currently have the marketshare of business computers. As it happens,....Verizon just that 51% of thier cell phones sold last qtr were iPhones. Apple just released thier sales numbers yesterday, Notice 5.2 MILLION Macs sold last qtr, There is a HUGE market for Mac software. The question is,.....will Sage be on the front end of this or sit on the bench and wait. Ask the RIM executives what waiting will do.

Come on Sage,...bring ACT into the Mac world. Daylite is gaining marketshare.

Q1 2012 Financials:

• $46.33 billion in revenue
  • $13.06 billion net profit
  • International sales accounted for 58% of quarters revenue
  • Gross margins of 44.7%
  • Apple is currently holding over $97,600,000,000 (yes, billion) in cash

Q1 2012 Hardware Numbers:

• 37.04 million iPhones sold
  • 15.43 million iPads sold
  • 15.4 million iPods sold
  • 5.2 million Macs sold

Q1 2012 Other Numbers:

• 85 million iCloud users
  • 140 million App Store downloads on Christmas Day alone
  • 110 million visitors to Apple Stores
Copper Elite Contributor

Apple’s enterprise mojo: One in 5 use 

iPhones, iPads, Macs at work

Forrester Research today published an interesting and extensive analysis (via CNET) based on a large-scale poll of 10,000 information workers from North America and Western Europe, including 3,350 higher-ups that make purchasing decisions. The report, titled “Apple Infiltrates The Enterprise And Reshapes The Markets For Personal Devices At Work,” found out that 21 percent use one or more Apple devices (the figure includes gear they had brought in).

Nearly half of businesses, or 46 percent, now issue Macs to their workers. That is up by more than half in two years (36 and 30 percent in 2010 and 2009, respectively). Moreover, hardware decision makers envision a 52 increase in Mac adoption in their companies this year. Out of those firms that issue Macs, a healthy 7 percent of all personal computers issued are Macs. The report said Macs in enterprise plus Microsoft’s poor mobile offering both signal that “Windows’ dominance is at an end.”  This sounds a lot like Forrester’s take on the post-PC era.

As for iPads and iPhones, 27 and 37 percent of companies officially support Apple’s tablet and phone, respectively. Things get even more interesting as 31 percent consider supporting the iPad in 2012 (55 percent for the iPhone). Microsoft cannot be too happy with this survey. So, who exactly gets to use Apple gear? Your bosses, that’s who! 

I'm also interested in a Sage Act! solution for macos. How can I run Sage Act under macos ? Virtualization is possible ?

Please help, I'm looking for a good CRM solution for MacOS and I would be happy to keep my habits with Sage...

Thanks in advance for your help !

Since Sage does not seems interested by all the professionals running MacOS, lets go to the others...

I found DayLite. I'm testing it right now and it seems interesting for my purpous.

If someone experienced DayLite and had found a better solution, please tell ! This shouldn't be problematic for Sage since they are not in the mac world, Mac softwares are not rivals of Sage...

Thanks in advance for your MacOS experience !

Copper Elite Contributor

I too have looked at Daylite but with 10+ years of ACT usage,..I hate to deviate away from what I know best. Running Parallels on a Mac is not tough and currently I am staying with Sage. Let me know how Daylite works for you as compared to ACT. Good Luck.

@Greig

so we are releasing a new HTML5 mobile solution due out this Spring. Please stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.

Any news on this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

This product is in beta testing right now. It is not an app you install, but an HTML5 compliant mobile website used with the current Sage ACT! Connect service. If you are interested in participating in the beta, please send an email to actbeta@sage.com. If you participate in the beta, then you will be given access to a board in this Community for posting questions and comments regarding the beta product.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If I understand correctly, this HTML5 solution would require an internet connexion to run... Is there an intention to develop a Act version for mac os which would be usable without internet connexion ? That's the kind of solution I'm looking for...