Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT for MAC !!!

Re: ACT for MAC !!!

I'm on MacBook Pro and considering Sage ACT! -- i am shopping for an iPad as well. If i get the new iPad with wi-fi plus cellular can I assume the HTML5 version of ACT!  will work without running parralles?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Capesquad,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

To clarify:

Sage ACT! Premium (access via web) contains a method for accessing a database via an HTML5 client, but still requires that the base product (Sage ACT! Premium) be installed on a Windows based system. 

There isn't an actual HTML 5 version of Sage ACT!, it is just an additional access method to your database.

The Sage ACT! Connect service (which synchronizes with a Sage ACT! database installed on a Windows system) also includes an HTML 5 client to allow viewing on an iPad.

For a Mac system, you may consider running Sage ACT on a Parallels image, then using Sage ACT! Connect to view your contact and calendar data on the iPad.  Note: Access to the data would only be available while an internet connection is available.

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

@capesquad wrote:

I'm on MacBook Pro and considering Sage ACT! -- i am shopping for an iPad as well. If i get the new iPad with wi-fi plus cellular can I assume the HTML5 version of ACT!  will work without running parralles?

Thanks

Elizabeth

If you're on a mac, I think that you should forget Act!... unless *maybe* you accept to use Parallels which is a 80€ spare wheel... I didn't found out if Sage was 100% reliable when virtualized...
Personally, as I have to use a professional solution which is reliable, I chose to let away virtual machines and I get to DayLite, which is mac designed and which is perfect (for my use). Best choice for me... 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Elizabeth,
There are many Mac users who run ACT! successfully using VM or Parallels. You just need to find the solution that works best for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

I am using a Macbook Pro (8GB) using Parallels for Desktop and Windows 7.

I have had ZERO issues running ACT 2012 Premium. Do i wish Sage would develope a Mac version,....YES !!!

I looked at other CRM's but ALWAYS come running back to Sage ACT. They are the best.

I also use CompanionLink Pro to sync my iPhone and iPad. Works great.