Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! contacts are not synchronizing with Outlook

Copper Super Contributor

ACT! contacts are not synchronizing with Outlook

I have Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1 and Office 2007 SP2 on Windows 7. I cannot get ACT! to talk to Outlook, even though the Calendars are synchronizing, the contacts do not. The error message is not descriptive, merely

Sage ACT! Outlook synchronization - Contacts Synchronization failed. I have my sync settings as per this KB article

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=26... I have also deleted both files that ended with "Contacts.metadata" at the end.

C:\Users\Raahul\AppData\Roaming\ACT\Act Data\Outlook Sync

Any ideas on why contact synchronization won't work? This is with the demo Chris Huffman database as well.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! contacts are not synchronizing with Outlook

Forgot to mention. Even after deleting those two files, sync still fails.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Elite Contributor

I've got the same problem. Installed Act pro 2011, with Outlook 2007. No distribution lists in use in Outlook. Sync still omits many contacts that remain in Outlook and are not brought into Act.

Outlook is also syncing with Nokia PC Suite, which is the work-around for Act not offering a Nokia-enabled option for Handheld Act.

By reading some of the other user posts and KB articles, I notice the contacts.metadata file has not been updated. The date of that file is the data of Act Pro 2011 install and not today like the other metadata files.

Any suggestions?