Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT cannot install on Vista with IIS

ACT cannot install on Vista with IIS

According to the KB, the way around installation of Vista on a machine with IIS installed is to add a service pack. How can a service pack be added to SW that won't install? This is circular reasoning and is not the kind of support that I am willing to pay to have Sage clarify. It would be more helpful to be able to obtain a clean install of 10.0.3 that includes the ability to install in this circumstance.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=228...

Any thoughts?

Re: ACT cannot install on Vista with IIS

I will forward this to the knowledgebase team.

I have sent you a PM (yellow envelope towards upper right) with a download link to the full 10.0.3 install media.

Would you by any chance be running Vista Home Basic or Home Premium? If so, that could be your problem.

I was able to install ACT web access which installs IIS, on my Vista Business workstation, but when I tried to install it on our Vista Home Basic machine that we use as a file server I got an incompatable with this operating system error message when IIS tried to install.

Many thanks for the effort to get this fixed in the KB. The install in question is for our European sales rep, so I need to obtain an installation localized for Europe. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Tom