Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! can't associate with SQL Server. PLEASE HELP!

ACT! can't associate with SQL Server. PLEASE HELP!

I have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 properly installed. I installed ACT! 2008 Premium and it cannot open or create databases. I have gone through removing and reinstalling SQL both through Microsoft and through the ACT! in the Dependencies folder. I have spent two days trying to figure this out going through articles and forums.

The error message I receive is: (For New) "Unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server."

(For Opening the Demo.pad)"The database ACT10Demo could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server." (Windows Firewall lists ACT! as an exception so it is not blocked.)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! can't associate with SQL Server. PLEASE HELP!

ACT! 2008 only supported SQL 2005, not SQL 2008.

You will need to install SQL 2005 as well... SQL 2005 Express comes with ACT!

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Gman,

Version 10 does not support SQL 2008, However version 12 or ACT 2010 will run on SQL server 2008, How many licences of version 10 do you have?

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

You cant use SQL 2008 with ACT! 2008. 

As explained in previous post ACT! 2010 supports it and 2011 will probably come with it, but with your version you will need to use SQL 2005 (provided on your ACT! CD) I recommend doing this.

- turn off antivirus software

- If your running Vista turn off User Account Control (UAC)

- install SQL using this article:

- http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1938...

- Autorun the ACT! CD and install it as normal.