Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT by Sage Premium Calendar problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT by Sage Premium Calendar problems

When viewing any part of the calendar (monthly, weekly daily etc..) all the activities have disappeared.  There are calendars on the top of the screen that show on the top of the screen but are for years beyond 2009.  You can't browse backwards to current calendar.  I have read some of the post and did try changing one thing but it did not solve the problem.  The computer date is correct as well.  When you are in daily view it will show the break of the different users but it is expanded so far on the screen you can't view the activities.  But if you put your mouse on the screen it will bring up a the task but then disappear.  Please help.  We have reinstalled the software but that did not solve the issue.  This is on one computer not on any of the other users computers. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmgllccpa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT by Sage Premium Calendar problems

[ Edited ]

This is ususally caused by a damaged ACT1 preferences file and/or your DPI setting being higher than 96. Please see KB Article 21042 for suggested solutions. If the information in KB 21042 does not resolve the issue, then you will need to delete the following folder (in blue) through Windows Explorer:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows(version#)

Windows Vista - C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ACT\Act for Windows(version#)

*Where "version#" is the current version of ACT! you are using (9, 10, 11, etc)

Make sure that ACT! and all MS Office applications are closed when you perform the above actions. These processes will reset your ACT! preferences to program defaults. After you re-open ACT! you will need to redo your preferences by going to Tools/Preferences.

Message Edited by ghollister on 06-18-2010 12:31 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmgllccpa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

This is ususally caused by a damaged ACT1 preferences file and/or your DPI setting being higher than 96. Please see KB Article 21042 for suggested solutions. If the information in KB 21042 does not resolve the issue, then you will need to delete the following folder (in blue) through Windows Explorer:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows(version#)

Windows Vista - C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ACT\Act for Windows(version#)

*Where "version#" is the current version of ACT! you are using (9, 10, 11, etc)

Make sure that ACT! and all MS Office applications are closed when you perform the above actions. These processes will reset your ACT! preferences to program defaults. After you re-open ACT! you will need to redo your preferences by going to Tools/Preferences.

Message Edited by ghollister on 06-18-2010 12:31 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi - I installed my ACT 2008 Version 10.0 on my new computer which is using Windows 7.  I am having the same problem with my calendar that was described below - I can not get to any view of the calendar except for tiny multiple months at the top.  The years are way out in the future and the button to increase the year I can get to but the button to decrease the years is unavailable.  My biggest issue is I can't even get to the calendar in any view - I prefer the monthly view - and therefore I can not see any of my appointments. 

Do you have directions for Windows 7?  I tried to follow your directions and could not figure out what to do with the way Windows 7 is set up.

Thanks

Hello agelbach,

The directions for Windows 7 would be the same as for Vista, which are in my previous post. Also, please note that ACT! 2008 (10.x) is not officially supported on Windows 7. ACT! 2010 (12.x) is the only certified Windows 7 supported version.

Greig Hollister

Hi,  Thank you for the response.  Just to make sure I understand correctly about the Windows 7  - I have 32-Bit, not 64-Bit.  The computer person who set up my new computer had checked and he had told me that ACT 2008 Version 10.0 was OK for the 32-Bit.  Was that incorrect?

Thank you,

It may install OK and work for the most part, but there are some things you may have a problem with due to the changes made with Windows 7. For instance, I have seen problems with restoring backups and using the Outlook integration due to security changes and the removal of MAPI in Windows 7. Thus, ACT! 2008 is not supported in Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit).

Greig Hollister

Thanks so much, I appreciate the information.
Tuned Listener

This is a far easier solution than others I tried, PLUS this one worked.

** One note: Transfer your email before you do this, so you can restore all your emails after ! **

Hi,

I had the same problem as cmgllccpa.  I tried for a day and a half to follow your instructions using actdiag to reset the preferences and when that didn't work, trying to get Windows 7 to realize that I am the user that Windows 7 seems to think I need to get permission from before I can delete the ACT12 file.  Never could do that, so I tried the actdiag again, but this time I closed the database before I closed Act and used actdiag to reset the preferences.  Alas, this time it worked and I did not have to buy Goldmine which I thought was going to be my only solution to this problem.

You might want to have your instructions for the solution highlight that all databases should be closed when running actdiag.

hjackw

When I installed ACT 2009 on my new Windows 7 computer, everything was dandy.  Each time I open the program, however, things get progressively worse.  I get a new mini calendar and smaller daily calendar each time I open the program.  The tool bar at the bottom of the contact screen also migrates down the page each time I open the program.  I tried all of the fixes and could not make any of them work.  What I was finally able to do was restore a previous version of ACT from the program files which brought it back to where it was when first installed, this is something I stumbled into.  But now, as I open the program, it is getting worse and worse.  Got any ideas?