Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Create report template using advanced lookup query.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Create report template using advanced lookup query.

Hi,

I am using ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 and want to create a Report Template that uses a query to obtain the information. Our db has Companies that are owed money by Contacts by Title - "Debtor". I want to be able to produce a template that shows each Company's Contact that is a Debtor together with various fields in the report. I am not able to connect my copy to Microsoft Sql Server. If I could, I would run a query in Microsoft Sql Server to get the info I want. 

What is the best way to get my info?

Thank you,

Vicki 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author momwith123kids
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Create report template using advanced lookup query.

I researched this and found using brackets around a column name with  a space will let the query execute.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0 - Create report template using advanced lookup query.

Use OLE DB2 connector using Excel.
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25837/kw/OLE%20DB2
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Copper Contributor

Thank you so much, 

I am creating my own queries, but am running into a problem.  I first downloaded the list of column names to know which field names to use. Some custom field names that I need to use in my query were set up (not by me) with 2 words, such as: Transmitter no and Current Balance. My query runs until I try querying one of those fields. I can change the display name, but not the FUNCTIONCOLUMN name. Is there a way to do this?

Vicki

Solution
Accepted by topic author momwith123kids
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I researched this and found using brackets around a column name with  a space will let the query execute.