01-28-2013 04:41 AM
Users are getting the following error message when working in ACT!
'Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created'
When clicking OK on the message ACT freezes and has to be restarted.
I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and had a solution.
01-28-2013 08:49 AM
Thanks for that but ACT is running on SQL Express 2005 on Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 and the server nor the PCs that are having the issues have SQL 2008 on them.
01-29-2013 07:59 AM
Can you provide some additional information about the issue:
- Does it happen to all users?
- Does it happen when signed into ACT! on the computer hosting the database?
- Is there a particular function that causes the error?
- Updates applied to Windows?
- Can you access the demo database (or create a new database)? If yes, does the error occur in it?
Things to try:
- If Vista, Windows 7 - disable UAC on workstations: KB Article 25892
- Disable anti-virus software.
01-31-2013 02:35 AM
Thanks for replying.
The error message hasn't come back for a couple of days now. However if the problem reoccurs I will try your suggestions and find out more relevant information if I need to post again.