Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! and Peachtree Link

Copper Contributor

ACT! and Peachtree Link

So far, as someone who abandonned act back in 2005 and is now giving it another shot I am not impressed. (yawn).

One thing that I'm wondering if I am doing wrong is the following:

I installed the act! peachtree link. Now, everything works fine, great.

HOWEVER

unless my sales people have Peachtree installed on their computer

AND

there own license, they can't see the peachtree info in ACT!

It seems quite silly to me and not to mention expensive to have to buy more licenses for Peachtree so they can see if a client

1. owes money

2. hasn't ordered in a while

etc. 

Again, maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe ACT! simply is not able to be configured logically with Peachtree

-Steve

Re: ACT! and Peachtree Link

ACT!, Peachtree and Peachtree link need to be installed locally if you want to integrate the programs together on the computer.
Copper Contributor

Yes, I know that now.

That is not convenient for many reasons.

1. My sales people do not use Peachtree, so it's a waste of money, HD space, etc to have peachtreet installed AND give them their own license.

2 It's not safe to have peachtree on each computer especially when you don't want certain parties to have access to it.

Also, with the peachtree link, how come only one of the company contacts has the peachtree info while the others do not?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The ACT! Link for Peachtree is actually supported by Peachtree. Any specific questions or issues you have regarding the link would best addressed by posting on the Peachtree Online Community or contacting Peachtree's technical support department.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Whoops I didn't mean to press "SOLVED" as my issue is certainly not solved.

ACT! Should have a built in capability to show customer balances from the popular accounting suites.

It's getting tiresome having to purchase, add on after add on after add on.