Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! and Citrix Streaming Apps

ACT! and Citrix Streaming Apps

I'm trying to build a streaming profile to virtualize ACT, and it launches great inside the profiler.  However, when I publish my app and launch, I always get prompted for the phone thing (not that important, but annoying) and then it throws an error about the Protexis Service not being started or installed.

The service is listed in the app profile and set to automatic/local.  It should be launching but it is not.  As a result, ACT closes, doesn't really give me much to troubleshoot.

Ideas?  Has anyone succeeded in getting a profile to work?

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT! and Citrix Streaming Apps

xen App or Xen Workstation?

We host ACT over Citrix Xen App.  we publish both the application and the workstation.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Not sure I follow. I'm not terribly familiar with ACT, I just started trying to virtualize it yesterday.

As far as I know, I'm installing ACT! Premium 2012. I'm setting it up so that I can access a database being hosted on another server. Am I missing something? Is there some sort of end user client I might be able to look for?
Silver Contributor

No it's the same client.  We install it on the application server without sql and stream ACT from there. The databases sit on more robust database servers. Users only utilize the application servers.  We can deliver the entire desktop or just the application.

My question was more for which Citrix product you were utilizing.  It sounds like Xen Desktop, but I wanted to be sure.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I'm trying to stream it via XenApp 6.5.

It's not installed on the Citrix XA server itself.  It is profiled via Streaming Applications, so it's effectively virtualized.

So I've now got the stream working, and it passes the PSI service. BUT, it won't hold the registration.

Any idea what registry keys/files/folders I need to pass to the stream to make the registration/activation hold?