Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT address book service is not configured correctly

Tuned Listener

ACT address book service is not configured correctly

ACT Premium 2011/Outlook 2007/Windows 7/shared database on network drive

2 of 5 computers on shared database receiving the error message "The ACT! address book service is not configued correctly or the configured database "xxx" is locked.  Do you want to configure it now?".  Have tried several things, none of which worked:

1) Clicked yes, to add the database.  The named database is already populated in the window, so we click "close", get the message changes will not take place until restarting Outlook.  Works fine until the next day after logging back in.  Same initial message appears.

2) Clicked no.  Went into ACT - Tools - Preferences - Email tab.  Same thing as above with regards to setting up the address book.

3) Followed these steps from a previous post:

-   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookAddressBooks​\

-   There should be 3 folders numbered 1 to 3. Make the changes to EACH folder:

-   Make the "padFile" information blank

-  Make the "Password" entry reflect the following:          4F4367F5F42DC7E280D133240E765ED3

-   Make the "User" entry blank

Nothing works.  We still get the same error message every time the 2 users open ACT after a logoff.

Thanks much.

Re: ACT address book service is not configured correctly

I am having a similar problem and its driving me NUTS.

I'll configure the ACT address book, do a couple of outlook task and then all of a sudden it sends an error message about the address book not being configure. so off I go again, check the add-in in outlook, restart, configure, open, couple of emails and then whammy, Address book not available

Please can someone help

to be more specific, even when just trying to open an email it says

Unable to perform the requested action. There are no ACT! address books setup at this time.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

actually, it doesn't say GRRRRRRR, that was me.

Tuned Listener

Hi Marc,

I solved my issue.  Since you are having a few more issues than I was, not sure if this will help, but....

The PAD file for the ACT database was located on our company network drive.  I copied it onto the C: drive and went into Tools - Preferences in ACT and went into the Emai tab.  From there, I setup the email to look for the PAD file on the C: drive, not the network drive.  It's been fine since.

Hope you figure it out,

Melissa