Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT address book installed in Outlook 2003 disables Oultook from saving entries to NK2 file that can later be pulled up with autofill feature.

Copper Contributor

ACT address book installed in Outlook 2003 disables Oultook from saving entries to NK2 file that can later be pulled up with autofill feature.

[ Edited ]

In Outlook 2003 when I added my  ACT address book,  The autofill function in Outlook fails to save any new entries to the Outlook  NK2 file.   Before adding the ACT address book to Outlook for example, I could send an email to a new contact that was not in my Outlook address book, Outlook would save the entry and the next time I typed the first couple characters of the email address, the autofill feature would auto complete the email address, which was very handy.   Now that I have the ACT address book installed in Outlook,  it will not save an email contact entry automatically and hence will not autofill feature does not work.  It will work however as long as Outlook is opened, but as soon as Outlook is closed and not running the entry is lost and will not populate by autofill the next time I open Outlook. 

When I remove the ACT address book from Outlook, new entries are once again saved to the NK2 file and they come up with autofill.

Please help.