Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Wont Launch

ACT! Wont Launch

I am having an issue with several computers, after the installation of monitoring software. You can click on the ACT! icon but ACT! will not launch, it does not display an error. I have tried Running as Admin, reinstalling ACT!, re-installing SQL without luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Wont Launch

Have you tried with the monitoring software removed? Looks like a clash of software and could be a minefield to try and resolve.

Is the software SQL based or install a new version of .net as part of the installation?

When you click to start ACT do you see it running in Task Manager?

Is the ACT 7SQL instance running in services?

Issue was resolved with Support by setting to Compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 mode. I am now having an issue with ACT! Outlook addin not showing act quick attach.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Please try to setup your Outlook Address Book for ACT by referring to the KB Article below:

34186 Where are the Sage ACT! Icons in Microsoft® Outlook® 2007 and 2010?

You can also refer to the below article if you are not sure about how to add ACT Address Book to Outlook!

26796 How to add my Act! address book to Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016

Hope this helps!

I'm not trying to add an address book? Just the quick attach function for emails to Contacts in ACT!.

I have already referred to the KB articles without luck.

Hi there, when you go through the email system setup in Act! (which is required in order to have the icons such as quick attach in Outlook), then it will add your Act! database into Outlook as an address book. If this fails to happen, that can cause the icons to be missing so that is certainly a step you should try.

If you still have problems, the below article provides a number of steps you can take to get the icons to appear in Outlook:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23022/

Thanks Steven! 

This resolved the issue for 2 of my computers, the third does not show ACT! Address Book in attach additional Address book window. is there a way around this? I have reinstalled both ACT! and Office to no avail.