Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Won't Open

ACT Won't Open

Hello all,

I recently reinstalled windows on a workstation.  After installing all the programs including ACT 2010 premium, I double clicked on the icon and it immediately pops up with an error message that states...

"ACT! by Sage has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This is the data that the error report contains...

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : actsage.exe     P2 : 12.0.409.0     P3 : 4a92ff09
P4 : system.configuration     P5 : 2.0.0.0     P6 : 4889de74     P7 : 277    
P8 : 14     P9 : ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow  

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall numerous times, nothing seems to work.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or if a fresh install of Windows is required yet again.

Thanks!!

Brent

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Won't Open

What version of Windows is the operating system?

If it is a Vista or Windows 7 system, try changing the ACT! program to run in XP Compatibility mode.  This is done by: right click on ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > change Compatibility setting to XP.   Click OK to save and close window > launch ACT! as normal.

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage

It is Wnidows XP 32 bit OS, I tried switching the compatibility options, but Windows XP is not an option, it is only up through Windows 2000.  It didn't seem to help that message still immediately pops up without opening an ACT window.

Platinum Super Contributor

To see if you have any conflicting software running (ex: anti-virus), try rebooting to 'Selective Startup'.  This will reduce the number of background programs running, here are instructions: KB Article 14499

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage