Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Web - unable to schedule meeting and detail windows converts text to show "$0"

ACT Web - unable to schedule meeting and detail windows converts text to show "$0"

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am an administrator for ACT, However there is a strange occourance in ACT premium Web verion,

Our Japanese office, schedules a backdated meeting and paste information in the details tab,

As usual, a window appear asking "the date has passed...blah blah...blah" do you wish to contine (which is normal)

then when you click "ok".... the message box goes away and

The schedule meeting window stays open .... this time, all the detail have "$0" in where there is a space in them....

eg..... the line... "I have a dog" will show "I$0have$0a$0Dog"

a meeting cannot be scheduled at all.... it just get stuck in the same window...

clicking "ok" again will bring up the 

"the date has passed...blah blah...blah" do you wish to contine  message box.....

And the cycle starts again.....

Details are copied from microsoft outlook and we did the right click - paste as text option.....

they are running on google Chrome.

and using Act! Premium (Web) Version: 16.1.227.0

So far this is the only complaint we have from our Japanese office.

Any help?

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT Web - unable to schedule meeting and detail windows converts text to show "$0"

Pasting from the web actually tries to paste HTML with mixed results. Train them to paste to notepad first and then into aCT.  This should alleviate the issue.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider