Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Via WEB Screen Display

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT Via WEB Screen Display

On a new installation of ACT V18 ACT for WEB Hotfix 7 (Was also on Hotfix 6|) The display of contacts and other Tables in Main Layout View shows the top part blue with Icons and the remains of the Layout below. See attachments. Also Mobile version not searching for contacts, just keeps searching, but may be another problem. (Search does work in ACT desktop on server.) Tested and same for both problems on ACTDEMO database, Server is WIN2012

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT Via WEB Screen Display

Hi, did you try  with google chrome?

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

I haven't seen this before.
Make sure the site isn't in compatibility view, and it's added to trusted sites.

If the issue continues, would you be able to make this externally accessible so I can see it for myself?
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Gary,

i did show this issue to support directly after reciving (and installing) 18.0 (HF2)

i was told by support that this issue is known, and that dev is working on this.

i can provide you access to the server where you can still see this. if needed let me know via a PM and i will be more then happy to provide access for you

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Thanks ingo,

We now have conclusive proof that I don't know everything Smiley Tongue

I've asked around and it seems like this only occurs when v18 for web is added to compatibility view, which is not recommended.

Can anyone confirm that this issue is occurring for them with the site NOT in compatibility view?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

It looks like this was a result in having IE 11 running in compatibility mode which up until now has been the norm for ACT for WEB. Just tried on another machine with IE 11 with compatibility mode off and opened OK.

Administrator

You're right. For pretty much every version before v18, we recommended using compatibility view in IE. With v18, we put development effort into making Act for web more compatible with IE in native mode. There are still a few areas that need addressing for this to work 100% completely outside of compatibility view, and these are currently being worked on by the dev team to be included in a future service pack.

The norm going forward is for compatibility view to not be required.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi again Gary

The advantage of running IE in compatibility mode is it more likely to remain working when IE updates. If it is made to run in a specific configuration of IE it makes it vulnerable to IE updates. I understand and commend the team for making work with IE without compatibility mode being on BUT would ask that it also works with when compatibility mode is enabled as without this function we are building in future compatibility problems.