Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT V18 update from earlier versions reverts to ACT Word processer

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT V18 update from earlier versions reverts to ACT Word processer

Just to let you know that recent installations of ACT 18.Sp1 upgrades from earlier versions default to ACT word processor. Don't think this is normal for upgrades before where compatible MS Office is installed.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎06-04-2016 02:08 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT V18 update from earlier versions reverts to ACT Word processer

Hi Gary

It was a multi user single site that I noticed it on. They are running some other programs that also integrate with Office so it may be as you state a 3rd party problem. Thanks for looking into it for me.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

To confirm, are you saying that before upgrading to v18.1 from v18.0, the word processor preference was set to Microsoft Word. Then after upgrading, the preference has been changed to Act! Word Processor?

If this is the case, does Microsoft Word still appear as an option in the application dropdown?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

It was from 2012 to V18 and Word was selected before on the one I was report against. I believe that on previous upgrades when ACT detects MS Word is installed it defaults to that but with V18 SP1 it defaults to ACT WP.

Regarding V18 to 18 SP1 I have had to reconnect ACT - Outlook via wizard on most updates on a mix of platforms.

Administrator

Hi ch1p,

We've tested in the scenario you describe (updating from 2012 to v18) but the option remained as MS Word as expected.
Perhaps there is something external to Act that is causing Word to be incorrectly detected during installation.
How many times have you seen this occur?
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎06-04-2016 02:08 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Gary

It was a multi user single site that I noticed it on. They are running some other programs that also integrate with Office so it may be as you state a 3rd party problem. Thanks for looking into it for me.