Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT V17 SP2 Opportunity History not fixed.

Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT V17 SP2 Opportunity History not fixed.

I must admit I have been left disapointed that the History List problem for Opportunities has not been fixed. It still does not show Contact and Company making this feature usless for opportunities. Is there a reason why this has still not be corrected?

Employee

Re: ACT V17 SP2 Opportunity History not fixed.

[ Edited ]

Hi Chip,

We do have this issue documented - New Opportunity history items are not picking up the Contact information from the Opportunity, and the team is working on it now. There is a manual work-around that you can try:

1. Double-click on the New Opportunity item in the History List.

2. In the Contact field, begin typing the last name of the Contact to whom you wish the history be associated

3. Click OK

4. In the popup dialog that appears, select the desired radio button

5. Click OK

We will do our best to get this issue remedied as soon as possible!

Andrew Roof
Product Manager, Act! Premium
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Andrew and thank you for your reply.

Could you explain step 4 as I am not sure where to find this Radio Button and searching help did not give an answer.

Thanks

Employee

[ Edited ]

Sure thing! After you click OK in the Edit History window, a new dialog will be displayed that contains two radio buttons - the one described above and a second option to create a new, separate History item. I've edited my earlier post to make more sense, I hope.

Andrew Roof
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi again Andrew

I must be missing something as when I add a contact name and click OK it goes back to the list view with no new dialog box with the options. Does your work round then populate all the opportunities in the list?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi again Andrew

Work around not a viable option for client so fix would be very welcome asap please.

Employee

Understood. We're working on it. Thanks.

Andrew Roof
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Andrew

I have let the client know this is being worked on by the design team.

Bronze Elite Contributor

There is another problem with History exports of long field types like the Details field. This is bug with MS Excel but can be correted if codec is set correcly in the  Export to Excel wizard. If this can be fixed would be another great step forward.

MS Say - Importing Text File Truncates Fields Longer Than 911 Characters

SYMPTOMS
When you import a text file, Microsoft Excel may truncate some of the text fields to 255 characters. 
CAUSE
This behavior occurs when all of the following conditions are true: 
You use the Text Import Wizard to import the file.
The field is longer than 911 characters.
You do not use step 3 of the Text Import Wizard to set the data type of the field to Text.
RESOLUTION
To work around this issue, make sure that you set the data type of long text fields to Text. After being imported, the data may appear as number signs (###). To work around this behavior, change the format of the affected columns to General. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Andrew Please could I have a timeline on the History fix for opportunities as I am getting presure from the client. Thanks