Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[ACT V16] Silent/Unattended installation.

Copper Contributor

[ACT V16] Silent/Unattended installation.

For the last few versions of Act we always did a silent/unattended install over the previous version. This worked out quite well for us meaning we did not have to manually install 30PC's after work and we could go home at a decent hour.

Now with V16 we don't see a guide as to how to do this like with the previous versions.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27734/~/sage-act!-resource-toolkit---silent-installa...

This hasn't been updated.

I tried the Act 2013 method but that seems to fail quite early on with /r not being a valid parameter for the setup.

I'd kinda like a guide for doing this for V16 ASAP.

Copper Contributor

Re: [ACT V16] Silent/Unattended installation.

This forum has never been very active, but this really is kinda strange.

Don't think this question is that difficult.

Bronze Super Contributor

Just so you know, some of us do read here Smiley Happy

But I don't know the answer to your question however... sorry.

I've not yet done a silent install with v16, expect to in the next month or so (larger clients upgrading) but haven't yet.

Ben.

Copper Contributor

Managed to follow the steps to record a manual script.

Problem is though: we usually don't uninstall the previous version of Act first. We let the installer handle that, but when recording a manual script for a unattended install it asks the question if you want to uninstall the previous version first, no problem there, awnser yes, that gets recorded in the iss file. But after that we don't get the options to do a custom install without the SQL. It just starts a typical install after uninstalling the previous version.

Another option would be to first silently uninstall the previous version. I found this link for that: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26904/kw/silent%20uninstall

The guide itself is contradictory, first it says it's a silent uninstall. But in the later steps it tells you to follow the instructions when the uninstall screen appears. Adding the /s switch doesn't work either.

Anyone have a solution for this? We'd prefer not to install the SQL Server seeing as we don't use any local databases.

Did you ever get a solution to silently install v16?