Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Upgrade to v18 cannot open database

ACT Upgrade to v18 cannot open database

I am performing an upgrade from ACT 2013 Premium for Web to v18.

I have done the upgrade but when I run ACT now and try to open a database it does nothing.

I select the database, press Open and the dialog close but no database is opened.

I did manage to get it to open once (straight after installing Hotfix 1), and it performed the DB upgrade but came up with a warning at the end.

I am again unable to open that DB or any other database. I cannot post the whole log from the DB upgrade here but can upload if needed.

Thanks

Re: ACT Upgrade to v18 cannot open database

[ Edited ]

actlogins.png

Have discovered that a working install contains all the accounts on the left, but my broken upgrade does not seem to create these accounts? Can they be created somehow?

Bronze Elite Contributor

If I am reading this correctly on the machine that has a failed ACT upgrade you state that no other database can be opened on this machine. (I think you do mention that ACT is working on another machine correctly.)

Can you create a new test database on the problem machine? If not it looks like a problem with one of the support programs that ACT uses.

Can you upgrade the problem database on another machine? This will let us know if it is a database or installation problem.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I should start a new topic as the existing title is now misleading.

Have discovered that the ACT Sql accounts are missing. This is prior to upgrade AND after. I have treid using the ACTDIAG tool to recreate the ACT user accounts but I do not know the sa password (because the instance was created by ACT).

How can I create the ACT user accounts without knowing the sa password?

Thanks

Paul

Bronze Elite Contributor

If ACT is the only software using SQL and ACT installed the SQL as part of the installation I would start again.

Uninstall all SQL programs.

Uninstall ACT

Reboot

Do a normal installation of ACT which will install SQL and the ACT Instance as part of installation