Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Templates not syncing on remote data bases

Tuned Listener

ACT Templates not syncing on remote data bases

I have built a bunch of templates to be used my the entire company and when the remote users sync the templates are not syncing.  On occasion 1 template will sync and sometime not.  This is my problem with trying to find a solution is that it is not all the time.  I do have these templates in folders to better orgainze them, does this matter?  Also, I noticed that the main database that sits on the server does not have word on it, will this matter with syncing? We are not using ACT word processing for our tempaltes we are using Word.  Any help would be great!
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Templates not syncing on remote data bases

Stephanie,

When the remote database(s) were created, was the "Allow Database supplemental files to synchronize" checked?  Is it only Templates that are not syncing?, What about Reports, Layouts, Queries, etc?

PS No, MS Word does not to be on the Server, but it does need to be installed and activated on the End User machines.

Kind Regards,
Renee P.J. Cronin

Sage 100 to ACT! Integration Link
Cell:717-763-8859
renee@capitolconsultingservices.com
renee@actplatinum.com
Tuned Listener

Yes, when the remote db's were created I did check the supplemental file box, I went back through a couple users and built new db's to make sure and this did not make a difference.  Reports as well as templates are the issues.  The odd thing is on an occasion 1 or 2 templates will sync, however, these templates are stored in folders and just show up with all the other "stock" templates.   If I change layouts these sync over fine.  I am wondering if the sync feature will not sync items in folders?  Also, there are a few of us with direct connection to the server (i.e. do not sync) and we see everything fine.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Tuned Listener

Version 11.1 hotfix 1

I'd apply HF4 - there are fixes with attachment sync

Must be applied to ALL systems sharing the database

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2565...

Tuned Listener

Thank you!  I will schedule time to complete this for all users and see what happens.

Re: ACT Templates

Stephanie, I am having a similar problem with the templates on a local computer. I am trying to edit a template and receive this message:

"Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155)"

I uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! but it did not fix the issue.

I am using ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups 2007

Any ideas?

Re: ACT Templates

ekauffman wrote:

Stephanie, I am having a similar problem with the templates on a local computer. I am trying to edit a template and receive this message:

"Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155)"

I uninstalled and reinstalled ACT! but it did not fix the issue.

I am using ACT! 2007 Premium for Workgroups 2007

Any ideas?

Looks like an Office issue. Try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889885

JM
Nickel Contributor

Stefaniel stated to better organize the templates in folders.

I don't think you can have sub folders under the Main database folder or Supplemental File Folders (Templates, Reports, Attachments) synchronize?

I did not know Hotfix-4 claims to fix Template Files Being Renamed After Sync., but I still get the inserted date stamp on some templates .adt, .env, or lbls. I'll run thier suggestion steps to remove them and stop time stamping on files.  She should check for that.

JM