Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Template problem with WORD fill-in command

ACT Template problem with WORD fill-in command

I would like to use the "insert word field" function with our ACT templates.  Particularly the fill-in command so that when a template is used the box will pop-up to fill in your initials or other information before the merge.  This worked in the SAGE CRM program and their templates but I am having trouble getting it to work with ACT 2009 11.0.  Any ideas how to get the box to pop-up to prompt you?
Avid Listener

Re: ACT Template problem with WORD fill-in command

I've never tried that but there may be some alternatives if it doesn't work:

You can pull information from the "MY CONTACT" area.  Things like initials could be pulled from there--even if you had to add another field? 

If not, you could add a new field(s) to the contact and have your user enter it there before running the template?  I bet you could even make the template launch automatically when they EXIT that field (after entering the data you need) to save them a step!

Re: ACT Template problem with WORD fill-in command

Thanks but I don't think that will work for what we use it for.  I think the problem is that the Sage CRM programs used Microsoft Word as their templates which would allow you to use all the Word functions.  However, ACT 2009 templates are .adt or ACT templates so the Word functions do not work.