Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Synchronization Application is not Running - Gmail Integration

Copper Contributor

ACT Synchronization Application is not Running - Gmail Integration

I am using ACT for Web (Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2012 Version: 14.1.99.0).  

I used to have it integrated with my gmail just fine, for recording histories, sending emails, etc.

Suddenly it's not working. 

I think I have traced the issue down to Sage.ACT.Integration.exe not running.

I get the message below:

SNAG_Program-1534.png

I do not see any option to run this on my client computer.  I went to the server that his hosting Act for Web and was able to find the file named:  Sage.ACT.Integration.exe and double clicked it and it seemed to run fine (no error message).  I then rebooted IIS.  Went back to client computer, select TOOLS--> INTEGRATE WITH GMAIL --> GOOGLE INTEGRATION PREFERENCES.  This opens the above dialog.

I'm stuck.   I even went so far as to copy Sage.ACT.Integration.exe from the server and place it in the directory of my client machine in the C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Web directory and tried to run it there.  I get this message when I double click it:

SNAG_Program-1535.png

Can anyone help me solve this?  I would be really grateful forany help.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Synchronization Application is not Running - Gmail Integration

I handled this by uninstalling from ADD REMOVE programs both ACT Integration software packages. Rebooted. Then I went back to TOOLS--> INTEGRATE WITH GMAIL --> RECORD HISTORY and it then allowed me to reinstall the software.

Once reinstalled, I had to recycle the IIS server.

Then when I went back to client it when I went to configure the Google integration preferences, it STILL gave me the same error BUT this time when I went into the Windows startup folder, the Sage.ACT.Integration.exe program was listed there. I simply clicked it to run it. It ran successfully and I was back into the web client to configure ACT.

By the way, this was a Win 7, 32 bit problem / solution