Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Synching with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

Copper Contributor

ACT Synching with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

When I sync ACT to my Blackberry through companionlink it takes 1 random contact (a different one each time) and it shows up between 4-8 times on my blackberry at the top of the alphabetized list. Weirder is that both my ACT and my blackberry show the same number of contacts. The problem is when I synch the second time the 4 will turn into 8 and then it will corrupt my phone.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Synching with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

You'll need to speak to CompanionLink support about this.

I hear about duplication issues with a few of the PDA links which is why I've always stuch with Handheld Conatct

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Syncing with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

I have spent weeks working with Companionlink support. The weird thing is that ACT and the blackberry show the same number of contacts...even though I see 1 random contact (different each time) at the top of the alphabetized list 8 times. The next time I synch it starts duplicating all contacts in ACT.

Re: ACT Syncing with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

If CompanionLink can't help you, I don't think anyone else could.

Maybe try Handheld Contact and see if that suits you?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Synching with Blackberry through Companionlink duplicates 1 contacts into 8

Simple fix,

Update your CompanionLink Software from thier website. If you upgraded you OS on your BlackBerry, this will fix most issues. Next, Go through the configure setting in CompanionLink, Click on the "Purge and Reload" option. This SHOULD fix the issue. I had the same problem. The fix is the update. Good Luck.

Brian

We are on day 32 of ACT Pro 2011 and tryed to sych Blackberry via Companionlink 4.0.  It resulted in duplicates in the ACT database.  Is there a way to "undo" a synchronization? 

Restore from a backup is the easiest way.

It's duplications like this that are the main reason I recommended Handheld Contact is this eval:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html

Unfortunately, I didn't create a backup (I know, I know!) so is there anything else I can do to fix the problem (and redeem myself).  Thanks for the help.

Copper Super Contributor

Also ensure that the BB software is updated as they resently issued a new desktop software version

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6