Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Synch with Outlook

ACT Synch with Outlook

Outlook Contact synch is not working for me.

• I have Outlook 2013 installed on my laptop, and a trial version of Act Premium (web).
  • I have installed the integration software (it is loaded & shows in the task manager.)

I have started a fresh synch several times (by fresh, I mean that I remove the metadata file after a previous failed synch attempt.)

I have tried several variations 

• Act open, MS Office open
  • Act Open, MS Office closed
  • Both steps above, except one with Skype open, one with Skype closed

The synch function is critical to us, as we need the Outlook portion so that our phone's address books are useful (we use a mapping software that utilizes this info.)

Thoughts?

Re: ACT Synch with Outlook

An additional note

• when I have outlook open, the Act synch steps seem to go through correctly - but when I look at the outlook synch history, there are no contacts added or removed from act or outlook.
  • when I do not have outlook open, then the Synch History captures an error, which is: "the message filter indicated that the application is busy (exception from HRESULT: ox8001010a (RPC_E_servercall_retrylater))

thanks

Nickel Super Contributor

Two questions:

1. Is Office installed in  32 bit version ?

2. Did You do the synchronization process in Act!...?

I'm no expert, I just want to help...

Note: Do not forget to make your daily backup of your database and keep in a safe place your passwords

6.png

Best regards and good luck...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did select contacts within the preference area.  

Part of the issue may be that it does not seem like I can select a synch set (which would be "all act contacts".  (I try to select them, but no "check in the box" appears.)

Update - I solved it. Turns out, my screen resolution was set to 125%, and Act does not render well when this has been changed from the standard 100% - so the "check buttons" were not showing.

Now if only I could get the ID/Status field to show up in the MS Outlook Categories area... :-)