Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Show Fields List

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

ACT! Show Fields List

Act! Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4

Word Version 2002 (Build 12527.21236 Click-to-Run)

I can't get the Show Fields List dialog to appear when editing a ACT! template in Word

I've found a few references to this here in this Community, but they are all from 2009 or earlier. I did go through the items in https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024409593-Act-Menu-Options-are-Missing-or-Unresponsive-in-... with no effect. Same with http://act4advisors.com/docs/actmailmergeissue.html. 

Suggestions?

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Show Fields List

Most probably Word has disabled or inactivated the ACT!-Addin. Go to the addins dialogue in Word and re-enable it.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Checking for the Add-In was one of the first things I checked. It is included in the pages I referenced. The only Act! addin listed in Word is the "Act! Documents Tab Add-in". It was inactive when I looked earlier. I checked the box and restarted word. Upon restart, the box is blank again. I repeated that several time. I did notice that the Location field on the add-in page was blank for that add-in.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Check if you are running Office 64bit. If you are using Office 64bit then the Act addin wont work. This will be sorted with the next version of Act. 

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Yes, I am running 64-bit. But I have been running 64-bit for years and it was working until recently.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

You may also have done this but just asking -

When you look at the add-ins did you change the option of what to look for from Com add-ins to Disabled Items to see if it shows there. If it does you will need to add it back as enabled there first.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Yes, I checked the Disabled category.